Sunday, September 25, 2011

Useful information

In the process of finally getting a California drivers license, I had to take the permit test again. It is a strange requirement here. I thought I would share some information that I apparently have to know in order to drive here, as it was one of the test questions:

You are being chased by a police vehicle with its lights and sirens activated. You ignore the warning to stop and speed away. During the chase, a person is seriously injured. You are subject to....

And then it listed some penalties to choose from.

My first thought is:  Wouldn't it be more valuable to know that I am supposed to stop when a police officer tries to pull me over? If I know that, is it really important to know what the penalty for a police chase is?  I mean, aren't they assuming that I am the type of person to be tempted to run from a police officer?
Then I started to really question myself: is it abnormal for me to not consider running from  a police officer? Is that what a normal person would do, try to get away to keep from getting caught?  Maybe I should consider possibilities of escape? Would I be any good at something like that?

Then it hit me: They never said I got caught in this scenario.  Maybe I would be good at escape after all. Whole worlds were opened to me at this point.


All I have to say is: Thank you California DMV for teaching me this valuable lesson at the end of my 5 hours and 45 minutes with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be in the car when this goes down.

Jo said...

Hilarious! Only in California!

Catherine said...

That explains California drivers!