Monday, September 10, 2012

Being Grateful

So, at the end of this long pregnancy journey, I can look back and be grateful for things that have not happened this pregnancy. I know a whole lot of not fun things that happen to pregnant ladies, and am really glad to have avoided most of them. I told someone that I had a long list of things I wanted to avoid in pregnancy, and they said there was no way I could avoid most of them. I think they underestimated how long my list was. So, here are things I am glad to not have experienced this pregnancy:


-Miscarriage
-PUPPPS
-Elephant feet- really swollen feet and ankles
-Placenta Previa
-Bed rest
-PIH
-Gestational Diabetes
-Vaginal varicosities
-Varicose veins
-Preterm labor
-Any kind of fetal anomaly
-Twins- or even more than 2!
-One of those babies that you just never feel moving
-Bleeding disorders
-Split symphysis pubis
-IUGR
-Oligohydramnios
-Polyhydramnios
-Hyperemesis
-Cholestasis
-Excessive weight gain
-Preterm delivery
-Breech baby
-Uterine fibroids
-Macrosomia- I really hope at least!
-Depression
-Major constipation
-Big time bladder issues
-DVT's
-Infertility issues in the first place
-Ectopic pregnancy
-Anemia- iron pills=not fun in other ways


There are probably more, those are just off the top of my head. Apparently I am not quite done with this whole pregnancy thing yet, and I have quite a long list of delivery no no's as well. So I am not quite out of the woods. But I feel like I need to look at what I am grateful for today. Feel free to add anything to it that you experienced!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hmm. I experienced several of those, as well as awful "morning" sickness for 3-5 months, high blood pressure and induction. So glad you're out of the woods as far as this pregnancy goes!