Sorry about the long time between posts. To put it mildly school is kicking my booty. So I am discovering there will not be much time for other things in my life, including blogging. Really sad because I enjoy doing it.
So I have 7 classes in school. It is only 13 credits but my classmates agree it feels like 25. Classes keep me pretty busy, and I am still getting back in the groove of school. It is hard. Graduate school is a lot different than I thought it would be. A lot harder. Plus the quarter system goes so quickly. I miss the semester system of BYU. One of the hardest things is the fact that my teachers expect me to actually remember everything I learned as an undergraduate. Which after 4 years I do not. So I am trying to understand everything and play catch-up. Sinking a little bit, but I am trying to make it. My new philosophy is that if I don't pass I was not meant to do this so it is okay. Overall I am slowly doing better though. Trying to get caught up.
Work has also been crazy. I came into the situation and discovered there were no lesson plans prepared for the classes. So within about 5 days I had to come up with a 6 hour lesson plan to teach, with no resources and while I was in school and working my other job. So that was stressful. But I did it and teaching is actually going pretty well. The students have given good reports about it, and have enjoyed it more than I thought they would. I still get really nervous and am having to constantly adjust my lesson plans so keep praying for me! I will try to post again as soon as I get a chance and catch my breath.
7 comments:
Karen, hang in there! That sounds really tough. I can't imagine going back to grad school now that I've forgotten everything. We have all been thinking of you and praying for you!
hey, glad to see you posted...email me from your regular email, b/c the one i have bounced back....
good luck with school, i agree, that's got to be SO hard, but I like your philosophy:) have fun and take time to do things you love at the same time (if only a 5 minute blog entry)
Karen, I'm sorry things are so incredibly crazy for you right now. I have so much faith in you, and I'm glad you decided you could try to make some time to see us too. I am so excited to see you!!! (even if you have to study some of the time)
Karen, it was so good to see that you wrote in your blog! I've been so worried about you, hoping you're surviving, because I hardly talk to you anymore! Love you, hang in there, and try to enjoy it, too :)
So happy to see a new post. Nothing better than taking a break from grad school to write a quick post. I do it all the time. Sometimes even when I am at work.
On another note I think I was your 666th visitor according to your counter. That can't be good.
Karen,
Sorry to hear you've been drowning in school these days. It does get better..."that which you persist in doing becomes easier" (one of my fave quotes...I think Eleanor Roosevelt said it). Your job does sound overwhelming, but what a cool opportunity! And just remember, if you can teach rambunctious kiddos in Ghana, you can teach college students. :)
I am really really excited to see you both too, even if you're boringly occupied with books, I will still be excited to see you! I just blogged about it actually. :)
Post a Comment