Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gold and Green Ball

There is an annual event here among the singles in my church. They hold a formal/semi-formal dance around St. Patrick's Day. They usually hold it in a really cool location and try to make it really nice. I have never gone to it, not terribly interested. What year do I decide to go to it? The year they decide to hold it at the Stake Center for our church. Oh well, such is life. We got a little group together, and made dinner at my house. Yummy food, good company, lots of fun. To get ready for the dance, me and my date went to a vintage clothing store and picked out a couple of outfits. Yes that is fruit all over my dress.... mAarvelous! It was way more fun dressing a little unusually for such an occasion than wearing something really nice. Love it. So I got out my tripod and took some pictures of the group. I only wish I had taken some pictures of the dance because it ended up being everything I imagined it to be and more. To start off, the lights were on for the dance. The decorations consisted of twinkle lights, and chairs covered in tablecloths with a little bow tied around them. It reminded me of a wedding reception if not for the disco ball hanging from the ceiling. Not that it did much with the lights on... Some awkward dancing in high heals, non alcoholic beverages, line dances, and congo lines and we were back to being 14 at a Stake Dance. BUT, we did have some good company, and did have fun.










6 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

you hair--I like it! the dress--so you:) looks like a fun time!

Sara said...

Definitely in love with the dress. I'll keep other thoughts to myself. :)

Unknown said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! Really, your hair and makeup and you just look so happy. Glad you did your thing with it.

nikko said...

You look great! Love the dress!

Jo said...

Ditto, you look really pretty and happy!! I was there at the ball last year, and it was so awkward, I think they had the lights pretty much on and I was with Native American Boy, knowing I was going home in a couple weeks and most likely getting back together with Jaren. Then they had prom-style picture taking, and someone posted the picture of us all over facebook, and it took me quite a while to get rid of Native American Boy.

Hannah said...

You look so beautiful!!!! Don't know how I would have handled you in a "normal" semi-formal dress. Your way is always way more fun!!!!