I have a random experience to share that I just remembered. We had a huge fly that got into our house somehow. It was annoying and I have far too much experience killing flies because of the animals that I had as a child would attract them. Anyway, so I decided to kill the bugar. One swat mid air and I got it. So proud of myself, I gathered its body and put it in the trash can. A couple of hours later I go to throw something away and the fly is buzzing around the trash can. This reminds me of when we would freeze flies as children and they could defrost and still be alive. I think they have some advantages that we don't.
So what made me think of this? Another fly has been trapped in our blinds for a couple of days now. It finally got out just now and landed in a perfect killing spot. I grabbed the magazine, and one hit and I got it. Not wanting to make the same mistake I did earlier, I wanted to make sure it was dead. After I got it in the newspaper my instinct was to squish it. Why? I don't know. But it made a big crunch and totally grossed me out. It reminds me of when I killed a spider one time under a pillow case and it crunched. This is where my fear of killing spiders originated. I hate the crunch. Now I have to have a big wad of tissues to kill a spider.
So will I now have a fear of killing flies? The world only knows...
2 comments:
Eeeew! I stepped on a little beetle that got in the house the other day and it totally crunched! Gross!
haha, I forgot about freezing flies. funny memory, thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment