One of the stops, and one of the main reasons for picking this cruise, was Grand Cayman. This island houses a sea turtle farm. I believe it is the only one like it. They hatch and grow baby sea turtles to: educate people, release some into the wild, and grossly- to eat. I prefer not to think about the last option. But, it did offer us the chance to hold baby sea turtles, and swim with teenage sea turtles. Definitely a dream come true. They were completely adorable and amazing and majestic. Looking back at the pictures I am still squealing over how dang cute they are! Here is a small taste of our experience there:
Here is Brigham with a 9 month old turtle:
Here I am with the biggest turtles they let us hold. I think it was 18 months to 2 years?
And Brigham with one of the biggest ones:
6 month old turtle, the smallest at the facility right now. Their shells are so soft if you drop them they will die because they have no protection. I am about as happy as can be here, but I have no idea what is up the the guy in the background?
Baby turtle.... Too adorable for words.
Here are some of the turtles we got to swim with. Apparently these are getting ready to be released which is why they are in the big tank.
And here is Brigham checking out the turtles:
Short video of the turtle swimming:
Here is video of me holding the baby sea turtle:
4 comments:
So awesome; I'm glad you had a great time!
Wow! That is really cool! How 'bout you and Brigham come hang here and watch the kids so I can go next. ;o) LOL.
Those turtles are so cute! Can't wait to see more of your pictures from your trip.
Oh man, I am SO jealous! That's amazing! They are adorable. I would go on a cruise just to hold baby sea turtles. I second Nikko, I can't wait to see more pictures!
I can't believe you got to hold a baby sea turtle!!! so cute!! Lucy is the same size though :o) Are you sure you don't want her for an extended visit?
Hmmm....didn't know one of the benefits of a cruise would be no access to phones & computers, would be nice to have Jaren's full attention for an extended period of time!! I bet he would find a cruise that had wireless internet though :o(
Glad you had a lovely trip.
Post a Comment