With work, our only opportunity was to go over a weekend. Unfortunately, everyone else has heard about Yosemite this year, and wants to see it too. So most everything was booked up. We had wanted to go Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but only managed to find something for Saturday night. So we left early Saturday morning, and drove up there.
Crowds were crazy, even more so than I imagined. We had to wait 1 hour in our car just to get into the park. Parking was a nightmare, and the hikes felt like a crowded street in New York City, including all of the pushy, rude people. BUT, there was a reason everyone was there. It was beautiful! Such a gorgeous place. I haven't been there before, as far as I can remember. There is such a hype about Half Dome, I lost excitement over it. But it was breathtaking!
I also enjoyed just being out in nature, and taking pictures. I haven't had much of that since we moved here, and I remembered how much I love it! Waterfalls are my favorite thing to take pictures of because it is fun to watch them transform through my camera as I adjust settings.
I also want to acknowledge my SIL Kristen. I recently attended her class: Say NO! to Auto!

It was review for me in large part, but gave me the confidence I needed to stay in Manual the WHOLE trip. I decided to challenge myself and try it out. It was fun and worked out great!












2 comments:
WHEN did your hair get so long? It has been Way too long since I've seen you...
Post a Comment