Dear Crazy Lady from the restaurant last night,
Based on your need to insult me and my husband repeatedly to the point of harassment, I can assume that you aren't very happy. I'm proud of myself for refraining from insulting you in return, as I have enough confidence in myself to know your insults were in no way true. I don't know what made you take everything to the extreme that you did, I can only assume that you are an angry person. It makes me sad that you can treat other people so poorly, as I am sure we are not the first to suffer your wrath. Given your skillful attack, I know that this is a regular thing for you to do, yet it apparently still does not bring you happiness.
While I am sad today about the situation that developed, and feel a little sick that someone can be so mean, I will move past it and have a happy life with people that love me. I will learn something from the situation, and be a better person. I learned that I will defend people I love if they are threatened, that even when someone is in my face screaming and pretending to hit me, I don't resort to violence, and that walking away without being followed is the best method of dealing with things sometimes.
I honestly think you hoped I would escalate things, so while I did walk away from you, I think that I won in the end. I stood up for us, but was not unkind. I hope that you find some happiness in your life so that you can be kind to others as well.
Sincerely,
Shaken but still Standing
4 comments:
The idea of someone insulting you and your husband is so weird - really hard to picture. We need a backstory.
What the heck!? What happened?
Seriously? And on your birthday, too? I, too, need some kind of explanation as to how this could have possibly happened to you guys...
No real explanation. They tried to let around 8 people cut in line, so Brigham said something to her. She didn't like that so she harassed us until we left. Never seen someone behave that way before.
Post a Comment