Up until about Monday, I have been telling Baby Brown to stay in because we are not ready for him yet. With working, traveling, and exhaustion I had not finished up some of what I thought was important to get our house ready for him. Once the anxiety of not being ready for him was taken care of, it is amazing how quickly I have transitioned into "Come anytime baby, I can't wait to meet you!" I know that I probably have about 3 weeks left, with it being my first baby and all. But I can feel myself quickly entering that phase I see pregnant women reach, where they are willing to do anything to get that baby out and in their arms! This, for me, comes from:
-Anxiety about his well-being- wanting to see him and make sure he is okay
-Exhaustion from sleeping very very little at night- I would rather be up with someone-especially this baby, if I am going to be awake anyway.
-Eagerness to start the next phase of life, instead of anticipating it for what seems like forever
-Ready to have the big scary labor over with, instead of just wondering how it will go.
-Curiosity about what he looks like, and will be like
-General pregnancy discomforts are getting really old- I want to be able to reach things, and move easier
-The crib is looking so darn cute, but EMPTY!
- I am getting bored. I don't do well with not working, even when I am not working because it was too difficult.
-I honestly can't wait to see Brigham as a dad
-I am super baby hungry- every infant I see I can't help but stare at and want to hold and snuggle.
-I keep thinking about how babies gain weight rapidly at the end of pregnancy, and how I have 2 nephews that were 11+ pounds at birth.... Me and Brigham both have big heads, we don't need those genes too!
I am not that desperate to start labor yet, which is good, because I am fully expecting to go past my due date at this point. But I am getting more and more eager to meet this little guy. They say the last month of pregnancy is brutal. I would have to agree. Pregnancy is not for wimps! But I guess neither is being a Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment