Thursday, December 20, 2012

3 months

This month he has started talking a lot. He will hold a conversation with you where you talk, and he talks back. He is making more noises, and likes to make this noise with his spit that is entertaining and I can't even imitate. It is fun to see him trying out different things with his tongue and seeing what noises he can make.  He watches our mouths a lot when we talk now.

He also can roll from his back to his side. When I set him on his changing table he almost automatically rolls to his side now.

He also started laughing! The first one came at Thanksgiving dinner when everyone was laughing, and he joined in. We heard this little squeaky laugh and were shocked. Best thanksgiving ever. Now Brigham can get him going where he laughs and laughs at him. Cutest thing ever.

He has really started discovering his hands, and being able to get them to his mouth. I don't think he will have dry hands for a while now... He can sometimes even just get his thumb in his mouth, instead of trying to shove both fists in. Gone are the days of grudgingly accepting a pacifier when he can have his hands. He will have none of it now.

He is also starting to grab things, and getting interested in toys. He will swat at, and grab the toys on his play gym now. The monkey is no longer allusive to him. It is cute because he will just stick his right fist in the air straight up, and look at it. I can tell he is trying to figure out how that thing works! Overall he is just much more aware of us, and his environment. We can no longer claim he doesn't know who we are because he has shown a strong preference for us when with strangers. Even when it would be nice to just hand him off for a little bit...

He is also apparently going to be blonde. At least he has blonde roots now. I love my little dark haired baby, and it will be weird to see that change. And he reached maximum cuteness the other day. I actually had to look away because I couldn't handle how cute he was. I am just a little obsessed with this little guy.
















2 comments:

nikko said...

Can't wait till someday I can love on him!

Sara said...

What a sweetie! I am a little sad he might be going blonde though; I'm attached to all that dark hair!