Friday, January 25, 2013

4 months

Wesley is now four months old. Crazy. That means in the next 2 months he can be introduced to solids, will start rolling over, and possibly sleeping better and getting over his reflux. Time feels like it is flying.

This month he has started laughing like crazy. He is ticklish now which brings me endless delight. His laugh is just the best. He laughs so easily now, which makes me laugh too. He flirts like crazy with new people, smiling and laughing at them if they so much as look at him. Showing off his cutie dimples. Then they never believe me that he can be grouchy, but oh well.

He discovered his feet this month as well. He loves to hold them. He is pretty much the best baby for diaper changes because he holds his feet for me the whole time. Sometimes he grunts with the effort, but he just pulls them back for me and doesn't let go. It's funny and makes me wonder if he remembers his birth still with the leg holding and grunting....

He also discovered his tongue. He loves to stick it out, either forward or to the side. Most of his smiles have his tongue in them now.

He is also drooling and chewing everything in sight. Makes me wonder if teething is coming... gulp....

One of my favorite new things is his learning how to fist bump.  During diaper changes he often sticks his right fist in the air.  For a while I have been doing a fist bump with him and making a fun noise. Now he will stick his fist in the air and when I bump it, he opens his fingers like I do. It's pretty awesome and makes me think he will be super smart and cool.

He hasn't rolled over yet, but can turn from his back to stomach with everything but his arm. Just has to figure out how to get it out of the way so he is not laying on it.

His new favorite form of talking is screaming. Not a crying scream, just a scream. Usually more when he is tired or hungry. But he does it quite a bit. Should make the plane trip we are taking quite interesting. Good thing is I know it is just a phase and we will hopefully be back to his cute babbling soon...
He is also losing his hair, which is normal at this age. Coming in a lighter color though, and he has quite the combover right now. My friend wanted to cut his hair, but I am going to enjoy every last brown hair he has before it falls out. Love that kid, and his hair, and dimples, and smiles, and laughs, and screams, and fist bumps, and everything!

I realize that a lot of these may seem like similar pictures to everyone but me. I see a lot of his different smiles and faces. So I put them all here.




Hand going toward mouth...
And he made it!






Yes there is a huge string of drool. But isn't he so cute in this outfit!

He looks scared. But still cute. Not sure why he looks like this. 

He is grabbing stuff like crazy. And chewing on his hands. He seems so lost in his own world here. 

Looking up at dad. 


Scratching the fabric. He loves to scratch things to feel textures now. 

1 comment:

Kelly Burr said...

Adorable. I love taking photos of babies around this age. Too cute!