Thursday, June 25, 2009

Photography on the brain...

So I am starting a new quarter, not fun. I am taking some challenging classes this quarter. I have Pharmacology, and Genetics and Embryology in addition to my clinical class. So I will have my call shifts, clinic days, and then some harder classes on top of that. But can I bring myself to start working on my classes? Nope. Why? I have photography on the brain. I was going to take this photography class at my college, but I don't think it is really going to work out. Too much to do with my other classes, and I would have to miss it too much for my other classes. But I WANT to take it. I attended it today because I could, and am enrolled in it, and now photography is all that I can think about. It wasn't that exciting of a class, and mostly just review for me. We broke up into groups to learn how to use our cameras and I ended up teaching people how to use their cameras. Now I am home and should be watching lectures and getting caught up in my other classes. But instead I am looking at lenses for my camera that I cannot afford, reviewing pictures I have taken to see if they would work for an assignment for the class I am not taking, and researching other photography classes at local community colleges. I would so much rather spend my time working on and learning about photography stuff than all of this midwife stuff (which is why I decidedly cannot take this class because I would totally sacrifice my other classes for it). I would rather spend my money on new camera equipment than tuition for school. So why am I spending all of my time, money, and energy on midwifery stuff? I don't know right now. Am I in the wrong field? I ask you this question...

2 comments:

Brigham Brown said...

Karen, I think you know there's only one person who can answer that question for you.

But you'll have to ask me in person.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

photography as a full time job is tough. finish what you started. be patient. love you!