Thursday, April 29, 2010

Experimentation with Blur

So I tried something a little different with my macro lens. I tried using a lot of blur, with only a small part of the picture in focus. I am not sure what I think of it still. In the end I will probably love it, or hate it, but it could go either way right now. Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think, and what ones it worked for, or didn't.

1.
2.
 3.
 4.

5. This is not really a blur one, but I liked it!

6.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I didn't really have feelings either way for the first 2, but I decided I like it after looking at the rest. :)

nikko said...

I think it's distracting in the first two -- the texture of the leaf is so interesting but you can only see it in such a small part.

What lens do you have?

Kent said...

I liked 3 and 4 a lot. Not so much 1 and 2.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I like #1 and #3. Great dof.