Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving

Moving day #1.  Today we had a professional moving company come and pack us up. I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect and how to get ready for it. But it turned out to be pretty nice. They had my whole house packed in boxes within 3 1/2 hours. There were only 2 of them doing it. One was a girl. She kicked the guys butt in packing. She was way faster. It was awesome. I sat there and did nothing while they packed everything we own. Including some random items I didn't think they would pack, like my toilet brush, and dish scrubbers. Contrary to popular belief, they did not pack up our trash. This is what my house looks like now:


They were super nice and left our bed to be packed tomorrow so we could have somewhere to sleep tonight. We also had a surprise visit from their manager to check and see how they were doing. I gave them my highest praises. They were my favorite people at the moment.
Tomorrow a driver is coming to load everything up in his truck. Then my house will be empty.
Interesting thing, this having a moving company. I like it a lot.
It is a huge stress relief to have this done.