12 hours into the stomach flu and I am barely starting to feel human again. Haven't had this fun experience in a while. You forget that you will make it through and feel better again at some points in the process. But thanks to a loving husbands care, while he worked from home, I am finally on the mend. I have been thinking all day, how do mothers take care of their kids when they feel so awful? I can't even take care of myself. hmmm....
Now that I have bemoaned my terrible experience, I thought I would share pictures of the apartment we finally found.
After quite the ordeal, that dragged out over days and involved some serious negotiation, we finally have a lease saying this apartment is ours on October 1st. It is beautiful, and is worth way more than we are paying for it, given the market down here. It has hardwood floors throughout, and 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms with almost 1000 sq ft. Way more space than we had in Seattle. Although, it is still a condo so no yard. It is a lot bigger than we thought we would end up with, and it is cheaper than we thought we would pay. So no complaints here so far! This is all thanks to a fabulous Real Estate Agent that is also my best friends mom. So if anyone needs an extremely talented real estate agent in Orange County, I know the lady. One place we went to the guy was falling over himself to offer us incentives. We could have had a super cheap deposit, $100 off rent, December's rent half off, and a $100 laundry card. It was comical to observe the interaction.
2 comments:
Nice! So glad you got a place, and that you had an "in" with such a great agent! :) Excited to see it sometime.
And I hope you feel better soon! Don't even try to imagine it with kids. It will just keep you from ever having any... we've had rough weeks, but the 2 weeks where we all just kept giving the stomach flu back and forth about a year and a half ago is still way too vivid in my mind...
wow, that is luxury having your hubby stay home from work. Cute place:)
Post a Comment