I decided to try making something other than blankets because I got this nice sewing kit with patterns from my MIL. They had a cute shopping bag pattern that I decided to try. Last week I went up to visit my parents because I had a few days off and Brigham was working so much. My mom helped me figure out the pattern and get the bag started. Then I finished it on my own today!
Visiting my parents was pretty fun. Me and my mom went shopping and crafted. We went out to dinner at PF Changs, and had a good time. My first time there and I thought the food was pretty good. My mom also made some pretty yummy dishes, such as chicken and dumplings, and french dip sandwiches. I started working on a Queen sized quilt using Batik fabrics. I am pretty excited about it. Been collecting fabric for a while now and finally made the big step to start cutting it.
I missed Brigham so I was excited to come home, and even saw snow on my drive home. So I feel like I got a taste of what the rest of the country has experienced this winter. At least a California style winter....
Work has been going okay. Still waiting to get trained in doing ultrasounds. But the rest of the job is okay. Starting to feel a desire to go back to Labor and Delivery, so I might start training for that soon. Would be good for me to work a little more too.
Oh, we booked a cruise. Will be leaving the end of May for the Western Caribbean. I was sold when I found out they have a sea turtle farm on one of the islands that you can go visit. BABY SEA TURTLES!!!! So cute! It will be nice to have a vacation with Brigham.
2 comments:
Very cute! You did a great job! We went to PF Chang's, too. So yummy!
I WANNA SEE BABY SEA TURTLES!!! hmph. Well I did get to hold a baby Lucy, our neighbor got a Russian tortoise hatchling after she had so much fun turtle-sitting Lucy, and it was so tiny and cute! Fits in the palm of your hand.
Post a Comment