Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Women's bathrooms

Since I have been frequenting public bathrooms more often lately, I have noticed a disturbing phenomenon. I would say 60% of the time I pick a stall, there is pee on the toilet seat. Sometimes a few drops, sometimes it looks like someone sprayed it on purpose. I am disgusted by it, and have started using toilet seat covers more religiously. But most of all, how do girls do that? I mean really. If you sit down, how does urine not go in the bowl? Wouldn't your butt be where I am seeing the pee? Are people squatting and then not cleaning up if they miss? How do girls hit both sides of the seat?  I am definitely perplexed by this. It happens in all kinds of public restrooms. I noticed it first in women's bathrooms when traveling and camping. But now I see it in really nice restaurants, airport bathrooms, church restrooms, department store bathrooms, etc. I just don't understand how it happens, or the prevalence of it.  Not to be sexist, but I understand it more coming from men's bathrooms. They are not covering the seat with their butt when they pee. Am I missing something? I know it is urine cause it is yellow, sorry for the mental image. Come on ladies, keep it in the bowl!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe many women just squat without touching the seat—makes for more spray potential.

Sara said...

I don't get it either. Fine, if you don't want to touch the seat, but how hard is it to clean it up real fast with some tp?

Heather said...

We ought to start a public health campaign called "Keep the Pee in the Pot"