This month his big milestone has been sitting. He is becoming really good at sitting on his own, and can even bend forward and grab toys, then sit himself back up. He doesn't like to lay down anymore, and I think he hasn't learned rolling quite as well because he just cares about sitting right now. His new thing is to grab any toys within reach and pull them up in his lap or close by, so he can choose which one he wants. It's weird to see him playing like that now. Having a purpose and working toward it. He just seems to get smarter every day.
Routines are starting to pay off with him too. He knows when we do certain things whats coming next. Like when I grab my keys and put on my shoes we are going outside. When we set him in his highchair he gets super excited because he knows a meal/play time is coming up.
We started Wesley on solids a week and a half ago. I wanted to exclusively breastfeed until 6 months, which I pretty much have done. He was just so darn interested in food we have been letting him have a slice of apple, or banana, or cucumber, or something else while we are eating. He loves it. He is experimenting and seeing what he thinks of food at this point. Not really interested in swallowing yet which is fine. He absolutely loves mealtimes, and makes a massive mess every time. We are trying something called Baby Led Weaning which is popular in the UK. You don't use baby food, but start them right on whatever you are eating. Interesting idea, and it seems to be what Wesley prefers. Every time I try to feed him he clamps his mouth shut, or vomits at the taste of puree. But if I put food in front of him he will try it out himself. He is pretty independent and opinionated. No idea where that came from!
He also randomly started sleeping through the night a week ago. He went from waking up maybe 15 times during the night, to waking up once or twice to eat. No real idea why, but I don't question good things like this when I was that tired! Naps are still a work in progress, but the world is a much better place for me right now with some sleep.
He is talking a lot more lately, and making a few different sounds. He likes the mmm sound, and makes it into a "mama" a lot. Not even close to knowing what it means. But it is still fun to hear him say it.
Also, he has proved all of those doctors who said he had a short flat tongue wrong. He can lick his chin now with his normal shaped and kind of long tongue. I am still glad we got his tongue clipped, because he couldn't stick his tongue past his gums before.
He is still laughing like crazy, smiling like crazy, and making friends wherever we go. He is really a happy baby a lot of the time, and I love it. He makes my heart swell with love and joy every day. This really is a good time in our life, and he is so much fun!
![]() |
| Talking to us |

















1 comment:
He is such a cutie! I can't wait to see you guys over Thanksgiving!
Our babies never liked baby food, either. We did do some cereal, and I would buy a few jars here and there. It seems like such a silly, expensive idea to me anyway. We always just mushed up whatever was on our plates! Real food!
Post a Comment