Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Life just happens sometimes...

I have been a major stress case lately. We have been thinking about buying a house, and since our lease is up the end of the month it seemed like a good time. Well.... Turns out everyone else thinks so too. The market is insane right now. We had no idea. I expected it to be like it was a couple of years ago where people were grateful to get an offer on their house. Nope, not at all. They will get 40 offers on their house from 1 three hour showing. A lot of those offers are cash offers, 40 thousand dollars above asking price. It's crazy.

We were in the process of discovering how crazy things are, when our landlord let us know we have to either sign a year lease, or they will find someone else. No amount of bargaining or pleading would change their mind. So we got our notice to vacate in 60 days. 60 days huh? No way we can find a house and be able to move in in 60 days. So I have been stressed about what to do. Where are we going to live? Are we going to have somewhere to live in 60 days? Will we ever be able to afford a house here? Should we just move somewhere less crazy? Where do we want to move to? What should we do about Brigham's job? Should I start working again so we can afford a house? What kind of job should I get? etc etc etc...

So that is where we are. Haven't come to any big decisions yet. Not close to getting an offer accepted on a house. No place to live yet-although we have some ideas now like subletting someones place. We know we will be moving soon, but not sure when. And we are supposed to have this relaxing dream vacation to Hawaii right over the weekend we are kicked out of our place. Sigh....

So if anyone wants to sell us their house in Orange County, we'd be really grateful. Otherwise, we will keep working my friend/realtor to death writing offers, and praying something works out.

Other than that, Wesley is stinking adorable and getting cuter every day. His laughs are the best thing in the world. Never knew so much joy before I had him. Just love him to pieces.


We attached this picture to a letter we wrote to go with our offers asking them to sell us their home please. How can they pick cash over us, right?


4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so sorry that it's so crazy. I can identify on a little tiny level with our school hunting. Aren't you supposed to go around deciding what YOU like best? Nope - you just hope that someone will accept you where you're even halfway willing to go. I like the picture attachment, and I will pray for something to work out for you guys! (especially since I like you being less-than-6-hours away from me...)

nikko said...

I love that you're attaching a picture to your offers. How crazy is that? You should move out here. SO not pretty, but totally liveable and NOT SoCal crazy! ;o)

Hugs!!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

very cute picture! sorry about all the stress....I'm with nikko, super cheap to live here!

Unknown said...

Im moving in about 45 days, I know Austin is an IT hub, seems most people work at Dell, IBM, National Instruments, and there is a Google building near me. Perhaps Amazon is here too. You would like the flowers right now, but the heat in summer is brutal. There is a lot of lakes and swimming to make it easier. House prices are 1/3 of what you would pay out there. No earthquake risk either, just a small tornado risk. Ive liked Austin, but im moving to Salt Lake.