As a mother I have felt pretty insecure at times and not sure if I am doing a good job. But as Wesley has gotten older I have been able to see that I am a Mother to him. I gave birth to him, so I am his mother obviously, but being a Mother is totally different. Wesley feels secure and safe when I am holding him. When he gets hurt or scared he looks to me because I am comforting to him. When I am gone he misses me and gets really excited when I come home. I am able to anticipate his needs, and know what he wants most of the time even though he can't talk. He trusts me, and loves me and I can feel that. I am his Mother, not just the person who gave birth to him. It is pretty cool to be able to see that.

No comments:
Post a Comment