Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Things

So I have been tagged several times on Facebook to do this. But I really like writing on my blog better than facebook. So here is my list of 25 things about myself.

1. I am definitely a white chocolate kind of girl.
2. I am worried about finding 25 interesting things about myself.
3. I have had LASIK surgery and now test 20/15 in both eyes. It was one of the best decisions I have made. You can't believe the freedom I feel now that I am not dependent on corrective lenses.
4. I sometimes write poetry, mainly when I am depressed, but not always. I don't share it with many people though.
5. I worked night shift for 2 years and could sleep beautifully during the day with my blinds wide open and the sun beaming in. Now I can't even take a nap. I think that is sad.
6. I think that if my family had been more outdoorsy I would be one of those people that loves going backpacking for weeks at a time. As it is, I am learning to love car camping.
7. I went camping by myself last summer for a week. I took my camera and had a really great time. When I am stressed with school I think back on that time to relax. It was an amazing experience.
8. I go through different levels of shyness. I think I was shy as a kid, then not so much as a teenager and young adult. I have been more shy lately and I find it annoying.
9. My Grandpa is one of the people I admire most in this world. He is getting old and it is hard to see that process.
10. Happiness is something that I cherish most in this world. I really appreciate those peaceful joyful moments.
11. I get a lot of enjoyment out of little things. Like my friend sent me a Reindeer that poops out jelly beans for Christmas. I could be entertained by it for hours.
12. I have some really great friends and family that have gotten me through some hard times. I don't think they will ever appreciate how much they have done for me.
13. I am becoming more superstitious the longer I am a nurse. Yes I believe the whole full moon, pressure change stuff. I also think if you say the word quiet when describing how the day is going at work, it will drastically change things for your detriment.
14. I have always wanted to have some artistic/musical talent of some kind. Photography is my first real attempt at it.
15. When I was 3 I once held my poop in for 3 weeks because I was afraid of the toilet. I was apparently given a ton of laxatives and still held it in. That is just how stubborn I am.
16. When my mom is asked to describe me, for better or worse, she uses the words strong willed. That pretty much sums up my personality. I think it is an asset not a disadvantage though. Despite what other people think sometimes. =)
17. When I read a book I get totally absorbed in it. I don't usually sleep until I am finished reading it. For this reason I don't read for pleasure as often as I would like to.
18. I have once ridden an Ostrich. It was pretty fun and entertaining. They are fast! Especially when they want whatever is on their back, off!
19. I used to collect Pez dispensers. I don't anymore, but I think there is still a box of them at my parents house.
20. Vanilla is my favorite scent, I love the body spray, air freshener, etc.
21. I did ballet for about 7 years as a child. I accomplished my goal of making it up on Point (the toe shoes), and then quit. Don't ask me to show you anything now though, it has been far too long!
22. I can clap with one hand. Only my right hand though, can't do it with my left.
23. I never make my bed, except when I do laundry. It is a bad habit that my mom was never able to break. It is also something I am terrible at. Don't ask me how I graduated nursing school unable to make a bed.
24. I have to have white noise when I sleep. If is a fan, a heater, whatever, I need to have it. It puts me right to sleep.
25. I have this picture in my mind right now that I want to capture. It is of a birthday cake, with the candles lit, and dim lighting elsewhere. I have no cake decorating abilities though, so I don't know that I am going to be able to get the picture.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not know that you write poetry!
I think I might have known everything else....I hope so, anyways :)
Love you and miss you

JulieJ said...

My husband has over 500 pez dispensers! He displays them in his office. You should check out what is in your mom's house. Maybe he would buy them from you! :)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i have to have white noise when I sleep, too. AND I also mostly just make my bed when doing laundry...and when guests might peek in my room. Interesting about white chocolate...I don't care for it much.

JulieJ said...

Hey Karen- Just letting you know my blog address changed to www.dreamingofbeaches.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Karen. This is a great list. I think you are an amazing photographer, very talented! And that's hilarious about you holding in your poo for 3 weeks as a child. That sounds miserable though...

Anonymous said...

I read this a week ago when you posted it and somehow I completely missed number 18.

I'm pretty sure you are the only person I have ever known who has ridden an ostrich. That's cool.

Naomi said...

That was seriously entertaining :) I too knew most of that, but some of it was hilarious... the poo thing is so you, and I Strong Willed is definetely a word that suits you!!! You are also an amazing poet.... I think I should steal them and publish them they are that good!!!!!! Anyways, I've gotten tagged a lot too about doing that... but I don't know if I could come up with 25 things... wonder how long that took you!!! Can't wait to come visit, I'll see you soon.

Jen said...

I aspire to the point of confidence with you that you'd share your poetry with me. How am I doing?

Jo said...

I didn't know about the poop thing! Hilarious, and very Karen. I liked you opening up about things on this list.