Sunday, February 1, 2009

Something other than school?

Last night I dusted off my old 4 megapixel point and shoot camera. It has been a long time since I have used it and it is so small! It was fun to use it again, and convenient to carry around so I guess they are not all bad. I definitely didn't take as many pictures as I would have with my SLR though, because it was simply not as fun. I went with a friend to his company Christmas party. He works for Amazon, and they are too busy to have their party in December, so I got to enjoy it now. It was held at the Museum of Flight, which I had never been to. The whole time I imagined my brother who is an Aeronautical Engineer drooling over the planes and the flight simulator there. But he probably deals with cooler stuff at work I just don't know about. Anyway, here are the parts of the night that I documented:

I remembered that it is much easier to take pictures of yourself with a point and shoot as opposed to my SLR. It is just a matter of size... So here we are about to leave and having fun with our camera's.

We went on one of the flight simulators. It was a 3D movie, the first one I have seen. I must say that I haven't really been missing much... But other than the cheesy scenario, bad graphics, and the simulator smelling like a cockpit, it was okay... =)

If you can see it, there is a sign that shows that you are not supposed to sit on this. Was I ever tempted?

We got to sit inside one of the cool planes. Don't ask me to name it though!

And then I had fun in photoshop...

These are hershey's bars falling from the sky. If only...

Doesn't this look like something out of a creepy zombie movie where they don't have eyes?

Using our free drink coupons...


And thus ends the night with my little camera. Not bad, but I definitely missed my DSLR.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like fun. :) I'm glad you showed your old camera (is it really only 4 mp?) some love. You look way too sexy in those 3D glasses - do you find that a little strange? ;-) Which friend are you with?

Anonymous said...

Drool, drool, drool....

Actually, I have been there before, but I don't think I did the simulator. Looks like a fun night. Maybe when I am old, something I actually worked on will be in that museum.

Looks like a fun night.

Naomi said...

love this post for several reasons...... but the number one reason is cause you look dang sexy :)anyways, glad you had fun!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

its good to relax and just have fun and not worry about the perfect shot. i use my point and shoot all the time! looks like fun, did you get a hershey bar that fell from the sky? I assume that was Amazon's doing.

Anonymous said...

I made the blog! Best pictures ever. I can't get enough of the 3d glasses.

And, by the way, thanks for not putting up the one where I was seemly punched in the face. I have plans for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you...best field trip ever!!! Seriously. I might rank it as one of my best days ever...and I was 12! hmm...maybe that's going a bit too far. but you get the point.