Sunday, July 4, 2010

A new phase of my life

So I had a milestone this week. I took and passed the CNM board exams. This officially makes me a Certified Nurse Midwife. I am so excited to be done with school. However I am still unsure as to what the next phase of my life holds. I don't have a job, and am not sure what I am looking for in a job. Something with good hours and less stress I think. And something to help me pay back my loans. Do I really want to take on the role of a new midwife with all of the crazy work schedules and liability? I don't know for sure. I think if the right thing comes along I could take it, but I don't know what the likelihood of that happening is. The thing is, I went to school so I could take my CNM license overseas and teach people how to deliver babies. I am not sure if/how to do that now that I have a husband I am very attached to. I never really wanted to work as a CNM in the US. But I did start to like it more, and get better at it in the end. Do I miss it? Not really yet. How much of that is because of my lack of confidence though? Anyway, we will see what this next phase holds. First I am going to enjoy some time without much stress. Then I will worry about a job. Still, I was very excited to get this paper this week:

1 comment:

nikko said...

Congratulations! I saw a license plate frame yesterday that said, "Midwives help people out"

Thought you would like that. :o)