Wednesday, February 13, 2013

5 Months

I'm still in denial he is that old. It's going by way too fast. Lets see... The big one this month is him learning how to roll over. He can roll from his back to his stomach very easily now, can't usually make it back at this point. He is spending a lot more time in tummy time, and its nice I don't have to force it anymore. He can get his knees under him when he is on his stomach as well. Scary. Crawling here we come!

He has also made the big move out of our bedroom, and into his room in his crib. With the rolling came an end to swaddling as well. Once he got used to it, he loves rolling side to side in his sleep. That is when he is able/willing to sleep. Still no real improvements on sleeping. We are all a lot exhausted at this point...

He has also learned how to blow raspberries in the last few days. He has been amused by us doing it for a while, but now that he can do it himself- goodness. I was laying him back in bed in the middle of the night with him dead asleep, and I heard him do it in his sleep. Too funny. He also likes sucking on his tongue, and his upper and lower lip. Pretty cute. 

He also got a high chair. Hasn't been in love with his bumbo, but his high chair is a big hit. We just use it to keep him happy while we are eating or doing stuff at this point, but he has already learned about the joy of throwing stuff off of it. 

With us trying to sleep train him, he has been especially grouchy and needing to get out of the house when he is awake. We have been going for lots of walks with him in his carrier, and going to the store or library. He gets super excited when he sees the carrier now. Its too cute. He also loves parking lots and giggles for no apparent reason when we are walking through them. I think he loves cars or something. Haven't totally figured out why. But he makes friends wherever we go with his big grins and giggles whenever anyone talks to him while we are out. He's pretty irresistible. 

He also flew on a plane for the first time, and slept away from our home for the first time. Did pretty good with the plane, not so much with the sleeping. I was pretty proud of him with how he handled it all though. 

His hair continues to fall out, and seems to be coming in lighter. Right now he has a darker old man ring of hair, and a circle of hair on top. Brigham has a nickname for him from a character in a movie because of the circle on top, but I am not a fan so I will let you guess what it is. Here is my cutie baby boy:











He is my son after all! 









No comments: