Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crepe Party

I have been so busy lately I have been neglecting my blog! So sad because I have a lot to put up here! I know that I won't completely catch up, but it is my goal to work on it this week.
Soooo.... Two Saturday's ago my house hosted a Crepe Party. One of my roommates, Jen, hosted several of these when she was in school in Bellingham. So she decided to have one here and introduce us to them. We invited a ton of people and told everyone to bring a topping of their choice. We supplied the crepes. It turned out really well and we had a lot of people come. We had lots of toppings, and in total made about 160 crepes. It felt like a lot. My mom made crepes for one of my brothers wedding receptions and made about 1000, so I felt her pain a little bit when I took my turn making crepes for the night. I have tried making them once before by myself and they turned out terrible. But I took my turn at the stove and by the end of the night was able to make them do three flips, behind my back, no hands, eyes closed. Not really, but they turned out pretty good. Statistics for the night: 32 guests at highest count ( correction, 36), 6 crepes highest number eaten by one person, 160 crepes total made, 8 batches of crepe batter made, 7 hours of partying had, innumerable amounts of fun.
And of course, here are the pictures from the night:

Jen making some crepes


The spread, and Eric from our bishopbric enjoying a delicious morsel.


Part of the group playing a game.


Happy full tummies!


Charity broke out the guitar and sang some of her original songs. Everyone loved it because she is so wickedly talented!


After the crepes had digested we broke out some mint cookes like the Grasshopper Cookies, and some hot chocolate. If you have never done this, stop what you are doing, go to the store, buy the ingredients and try it! What you do is nibble a small amount off the cookie at both ends. Dip one end in the hot chocolate and suck like you would through a straw. When you get hot chocolate return, stop. Pop the cookie in your mouth and enjoy the heavenly bliss that takes place in your mouth following said actions. And here we are enjoying this bliss:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love crepe parties! but, correction: highest people count was 36. and i like the picture of me sipping crack :)

nikko said...

Ooo! A crepe party! I've got to remember that. What a great idea.

How is school going?

Jerkolas said...

Six? Six was the most anyone ate? I would have blown that out of the water.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a fun gathering! crepes are da bomb! Michael makes them frequently...i love cream cheese with fruit myself.

Unknown said...

I was wondering when I was going to hear from you again. I keep checking your blog, but no Karen in a long time :(
Looks like tons of fun! Yum yum
I made green crepes for a ward St. Patty's Day potluck this year. It went over really well there.

Naomi said...

I love your angles on pictures... good job with the candids! Anyways... i'm commenting :)