Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Red Balloons and Photoshop

I had one of my first real photo shoots on Saturday! One of my roommates is an extremely talented musician and is creating a web page for her music. She has recorded a few songs, and I really like her music. You can visit her web page and listen to her! Seriously, visit it. She wanted some pictures to put on her site, so she asked me to take some of her. I was really nervous but flattered. I am just starting out in this, and wasn't too confident of my abilities. Then one of my other roommates wanted some pictures, so I had double the pressure! Goodness... It was a lot of fun, and the girls were really patient with me as I tried to come up with different ideas for pictures and figure out the settings on my camera.

After it was over I had some ideas of what I wanted to do with the colors, and my friends husband Mike helped me with photoshop to get the effects that I wanted.

Here is a picture where I was able to take out all of the color except the red balloons. I love how it turned out.


This is one of my favorites.


I can use an Action in photoshop and get this antique look to the picture. Cool huh?


Another Black and White with red balloons.


Haven't edited this one at all, it was cool just the way it was.


Another Antique one...


A close up using my new macro lens. It does a great job with portraits too!


My other roommate with her amazing red hair!

The two of them together...


I love this portrait.



I couldn't resist sneaking a quick shot of this cute boy going down the stairs! Precious Moments...



My roommate took a quick picture of me too, and then I edited it below...

In this one I made the whole picture a Sepia color, but kept my eyes blue. Look closely or make it larger, I think it turned out pretty cool.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Yeah, they definitely turned out good. :) I know nothing of "Actions." What are they, and which did you use?

Sara said...

turned out well? Hmm...

Naomi said...

I love them... glad to see you've been putting all those extra free hours you have to good use... becasue you know... forgetting to call your friends etc... it had better have turned out good.... ;) And IT DID! I love them, you have some really good one's of Charity too... And Sarah looks great... they are awesome... awwwhhh.. my little photographer is growing up!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Karen! It was SO much fun :) You were super easy/fun to work with! All of this 'they were patient with me' business. I never once felt frustrated or impatient. It was great!

nikko said...

Look how cool you are! Awesome job! I love the close up of the face with the macro lens (7th one down).

Unknown said...

My favorite one (and the one you didn't have on Facebook) is the one of her sitting on the ledge. It rocks! definitely something i'd put on my website if I was a musician

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

rockin, i love the antique look...I commented on a few on facebook. great job!