Sunday, December 21, 2008

Birthday Fun

So, today is my birthday. I am spending the day here in Virginia with my family and it has been a pretty nice day. I got to sleep in, hang out with my family and eat leftover pizza from last night. Then we went to church which was of course excellent. We came home, had some beef and broccoli stir fry that my sister in law makes which is fabulous. I ate way too much. It was followed up with cheesecake, pictured below. Then my brother made some of his fantastic cinnamon rolls. I think they are part of the reason my sister in law loves him so much. Seriously. My uncle whom I never see also drove down to visit. We had a concert with all of the musically talented people in my family playing their instruments. I whipped out my cello and dazzled everyone. Then my mom brought out these scarves that she had made for us to take pictures in. Anyone that knows my family can imagine how that turned out. Especially with the siblings that were involved. We were just told to wear the scarves. You can see what we ended up doing in the pictures below. Now that I have got you anxious to see the pictures, we will turn to the exciting part of this blog entry:

Yes, I do love cheesecake.

My nephew thought it was hilarious to wear his scarf in strange ways, as did the rest of us...

Julie

Abigail

Julie and Me

The scarf fight that ensued.


For my presents I got a black sheep. Symbolic of my role in the family. I thought it was great.

I also got this amazing painting. Liz Lemon Swindle painted it after a trip to Africa. Isn't it beautiful?

And here is the rest of my loot.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Karen, you have been posting when I can't look! I'm so glad you had a Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry I was traveling all day and didn't get a chance to call you... I love your scarves (way jealous) and I really do love that painting! I hope you have a fabulous Christmas vacation!

nikko said...

What a great stash of loot. That painting is beautiful!

I am so jealous that we are not back there with you guys! Glad you had a great birthday!

Jerkolas said...

FELIZ CUMPLE

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I'm a lamo with my late happy birthday wishes. i'd like to know who gave you that black sheep....i need to steel it from you, I think we can fight over that role. Cheesecake AND cinammon roles in the same day? wow, what a birthday indeed. will you and julie take pictures of all the rooms in their home for me so I can "picture it?"

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Glad we could share the day with you!