Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Camping Trip 2009 Day 3

After going on a long hike the previous day, I decided to take it easy on Sunday. Brigham was there with me, but left that night to go back to work. Here is our campsite at Cougar Rock. We were at the end of the loop with no neighbors on one side. We had a ton of woods to explore around our campsite. Brigham's tent is off the left, out of the picture. We hung out in the morning and played Canasta for a while, in which I totally slaughtered Brigham. Here is Brigham doctoring some wounds he suffered, but he will have to tell you the story as he forbid me from telling it on my blog.

We went to Reflection Lake which is supposed to reflect Mount Rainier in the water on a clear day, but there was too much wind while we were there. Still this is one of my favorite shots.


The hike took us up and around the lake, and this is the view from the top:

We went past a couple of other lakes, and I got my reflection pictures then.








We got back before dark, had dinner consisting of spaghetti, and hung out for a little while before Brigham had to leave. They had closed the loop of the campground I was on to new campers, but let me stay because I was already there. So I was the only one on my part of the loop. Got me a little freaked out, but I just went to bed and was okay in the morning.

No comments: