On December 29, 2009 I got married to Brigham. It really was a perfect day. I had been extremely nervous the day before, but when I woke up the morning of the wedding I was pretty calm and remained so throughout the day. I woke up before everyone else, which is unusual for me. I am not a morning person. I showered and started to get ready. I went out to have breakfast and my nephew Isaac was up too. Then my Dad joined us at the table. We chatted for a while, and then I asked my dad to give me a priesthood blessing. He went a woke my mom up, and then gave me one. It was really nice and a great start to the day. I then finished gathering stuff, and my friend Sara and I headed over to the hotel where Naomi was staying to get my hair and makeup done. We hung out there, and listened to love songs, and had a lot of fun. I was freaked out about getting burned with the curling iron, as I have an irrational fear of it. Girl time was a lot of fun, and also helped to keep me calm. Everything turned out beautiful, and I went back to the house to finish getting ready. It was a little chaotic when I got back as Julie was putting together the flowers, and everyone was awake. I actually had some time to kill, and managed to eat lunch. My parents and Sara and I left to go to the temple, and managed to not hit any traffic on the way. We got there and had to wait for Brigham and his parents to get there. Did some paperwork, and it was time to start the wedding stuff! Not going to go into details of what that consisted of. It was a beautiful ceremony though, and I was calm as can be through everything. I knew I was making the right choice and marrying an amazing guy. I love him more than I can describe, and couldn't wait to be married to him forever. Brigham, however, was extremely nervous. It was hilarious. I tried to calm him down by talking to him and joking with him. We had some time alone together before the marriage, and that calmed him a bit. It was so nice to be in the temple with him. We had our families there as well, and their support meant a lot to us. There was something very special about having us all there, a forever family. I can't believe I have the blessing of being married to a man I love so much for eternity. Temples are a very special blessing in our lives. I know we will be very happy together, and a huge support to each other. After the ceremony we went outside and joined the rest of our family for picture time. I was on a high I cannot describe through the rest of the day. Where normally I would be exhausted by the activities, I had tons of energy. I didn't even feel how cold it was outside when we were taking pictures. I was just in this bubble of happiness. So here are the pictures from outside the temple.
Julie is a fantastic photographer, and took most of them, here is a picture of me and her:
And here are Brigham and me coming out of the temple:
Brigham's family:
My family and friends:
My friends that were able to make it:
My nephew and niece:
Long day:
My brothers were holding me up, love the effect:

My friend Mike took some pictures as well, and I played with them in photoshop:
After the pictures we headed over to the church for a dinner my mom had organized. We had lasagna and salads and stuff. I got to wear a towel around me to protect my dress. I also had to have my friends help me hold my dress while I peed. It was fun. Then we went to the reception. We had it at my parents house and it was perfect. My main request was a soft serve ice cream machine. Everyone loved it. Mainly just mingled with people I hadn't seen in a while, and with people I didn't really know. Typical reception. But it was fun, and I am glad we had it. Everything was beautiful and turned out great. Thanks Mom!
Here is the cake eating:
My bouquet, thanks Julie!
I had arranged to have on crazy tights for the garter ceremony, Brigham had no idea and thought it was hilarious. :)
Brigham's brother caught the garter, and my niece caught the bouquet. They had already become friends so that worked out well... :)
And then we were off on our honeymoon, which was also really fun! We had managed to keep our car from getting decorated by hiding it several blocks away and not telling anyone. We stole the idea from my sister Joanna who also got away without her car getting decorated. Overall, it really was a perfect day without any major catastrophe's.
3 comments:
So fun to see you blog about your wedding. What a beautiful bride you are! :o)
What a great day to marry the best girl! I'm a lucky man.
You really surprised me with those tights. And Bryson knew exactly what to do with that garter when he caught it.
I think you forgot to mention that I was doing laundry during the whole reception. Busy, fantastic day.
That was fun to read your account of the day since I couldn't be there. Love the tights--remember you were the one who talked me into doing that at our California reception.
Post a Comment