I had a friend of mine offer me a great deal yesterday. She wanted a workout and knew I loved to take pictures, so she paddled me around in a canoe and let me photograph whatever I wanted. I got a relaxing boat ride and she got a good workout! What a deal for me! It was fun. A little overcast of course, but we saw some pretty things while we were out.
This was the funniest little bird. I learned it is a Pied Billed Grebe after much Wikipedia searching. He just came up to us and started chirping incessantly. He looks young so we thought he was a baby and must have his mom around somewhere. But then he started diving under water and pecking at our boat. It was the funniest thing ever. I know he was trying to be intimidating to us, but he really was just cute. After looking around we realized he had a mate that was sitting on a nest pretty close, so he really was just protecting them. Not a baby at all. In fact, we decided we need a man like him. Cute, protective, persistent, and completely harmless. At least he entertained us for a while and we left his nest alone in the end.
This was the funniest little bird. I learned it is a Pied Billed Grebe after much Wikipedia searching. He just came up to us and started chirping incessantly. He looks young so we thought he was a baby and must have his mom around somewhere. But then he started diving under water and pecking at our boat. It was the funniest thing ever. I know he was trying to be intimidating to us, but he really was just cute. After looking around we realized he had a mate that was sitting on a nest pretty close, so he really was just protecting them. Not a baby at all. In fact, we decided we need a man like him. Cute, protective, persistent, and completely harmless. At least he entertained us for a while and we left his nest alone in the end.
This is a cool flower we saw. The second one is the same flower with some photoshop fun.
This bird is so ugly, it is a little bit cute I think.
Same type of bird amazingly. I guess they can look majestic after all!
7 comments:
I love canoeing. It is so relaxing! That is a cute little bird...
oh my goodness, how beautiful and how fun! i LOVE that first shot of the little baby.
I'm totally jealous of your camera, by the way. My mom made me take pictures of her ring beacuse she wants to sell it, and it was so difficult to get a good shot. The whole time, I was thinking to myself "man, I wish I had Karen's camera right now, life would be soo much easier!"
-I- would like to go canoeing. Set me up!
BTW, my word verification of the day is forho. Just in case you wanted to know. :)
We took the kids out canoeing a few weeks back. M freaked out at first and then loved it. Typical for him.
Thought you should know I am lurking here now too.
Hey, love the pics, they are awesome. Can't believe how good and clear they are. You really got talent there! Now I know what you mean about the little bird. Love ya
These are so amazing, Karen! I love them! I want to play with your camera while you're here :)
Post a Comment