Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stupid Accident

I haven't blogged in a while because I have been so busy, so expect some blog throw up (ie massive amounts of posts at once) in the near future...
To start it off, I want to discuss stupid freeway drivers. Last Wednesday I was involved in an accident on Interstate 5. This is my first accident ever, never even been in a car when someone was in an accident. But, was it at a time when road conditions were harsh, or someone was really tired behind the wheel, or even when I was talking on a cell phone? NO!! I was heading into work to get some stuff done, minding my own business, not even changing lanes or anything. Just had my music going and was singing along to some good tunes. Suddenly I hear a screech of tires, and feel a huge bump in my car. I miraculously managed to get over to the side of road, despite the fact that I was just hit on the corner of my car when I was going 60 mph, and my left rear tire was unable to spin because my car was smashed into it. I did not spin out or hit another car. I am very grateful for that and think it was quite a miracle. But now back to the stupid drivers. After I got over to the side of the road I was able to talk to the guy that hit me. After also talking to the cops I was able to get the gist of what happened. Car A cut car B off on the freeway. In retaliation, car B then cut car A off. He cut him off too close though, and hit him instead. This sent car B off in a tail spin and he ended up facing the wrong way in the car pool lane. He had to go to the hospital. After getting bumped, car A then came across a lane or 2 of traffic, and hit me. That is where I came in, my car got smooshed, and through some blessing and massive skills on my part, =) I did not hit anyone else.
Like I said, there were some stupid drivers. I did not get hit for any good reason other than simple road rage that, minding my own business, I got sucked into. So no, you are not invincible on the road, and no it does not pay to get revenge. Innocent bystanders, like my poor car, might get hurt. And no, I did not get injured, by some other miracle. A little sore, but nothing needing treatment. Although I did consider going to the doctor to get some complimentary massages on the stupid drivers insurance. And no, I was not considered at fault at all. Like I said, innocent bystander. So at least I will not have any problems with my insurance, or tickets or anything else. Lots of blessings in the whole thing because it could have been a lot worse.
Now I just have to wait for stupid drivers stupid insurance company to call me back so I can get my poor car fixed. So glad this is my first time experiencing the joy of going through all of this. Here are some pictures of my poor car. This is after the cop pulled my car off my tire so that I could drive away.



7 comments:

nikko said...

Oh, that totally bites. I don't know what it is with people. They think they're entitled to just do whatever the heck they want. That kind of attitude ticks me off.

I'm SO GLAD that that's all the damage to your car and that you were not hurt at all. Wow. Awesome!

Sara said...

Your poor car! I'm so glad you weren't hurt! Sorry I've been out of touch. We've been a little busy this week! I'll try to post some pictures from the wedding on my blog soon... :) Love you!

Jerkolas said...

Thats a pretty good ding. I'm left feeling curious as to what good tunes you were singing aloud to and also how loudly. Glad you're ok.

Unknown said...

Oh man, those pictures are so sad! I already knew the story, but it was sad to hear it again :(
On a positive note, I love your new blog background! :)

Cassie: said...

holy crap! that's crazy! how did you resist not beating the crap out of stupid driver?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, so scary! I'm so glad you are ok! even though it wasn't your fault, getting cars fixed is SO stinkin annoying! i just went through it last fall (my first accident--someone bumped into me in a parking lot). glad for the miracle of you being ok.

Jen said...

It's almost nice that you've gotten the experience of being in a car accident over with, Karen. Few people ever make it through life without one.
I personally have been in 6 or 7... impressed?
So glad you're okay. So sorry for Mazda 3--will the scratches heal completely?