Monday, June 2, 2008

Good Days

So it is still 6o degrees here and a bit cold. And I paid $50 to fill up on gas today. $4.25 a gallon. It hurt, let me tell you. But overall I had a nice day. I worked in my yard quite a bit. Just ripping stuff up mainly. Our yard is overrun with weeds and grass. It is really nice to just go out there and mindlessly rip stuff up. It gives me time to just zone out and relax/get some aggression out? I finally took some pictures of my yard. This is after I have already done a ton of work to it. This is just so no one can claim that I have all of these nice things in my yard after they see my pictures. It is not my yard, just my camera making things look nice. See my yard:






I did have my first Pea today! YEAH!


And this is my camera making things look nice:








I also got to talk to my two best friends this evening. I feel very blessed that I have these two wonderful people that love me in my life. We are all facing our own challenges that are very different, but we can still make that connection and understand each other. I know that in my life they have made a huge impact for the good. If it were not for them I don't know how I would have made it through some of my more recent challenges. I think even at my lowest I was able to still realize that I have friends that care about me and love me. I don't know that very many people can really say that. It is one of the biggest blessings I have in my life. I just wish we could all live close together. But we can't have everything can we? I am just grateful for them, and when I get to talk to them it buoy's me up. My life still feels pretty harsh most of the time so I need to enjoy those moments of sunshine and let them refresh me. I have discovered that positive interaction and connections with people are one of my biggest sources of nourishment. On the flip side when I have negative experiences it tears me down faster than most other things. I think that is why my Heavenly Father has placed friends like Naomi and Sara in my life. To keep the positive going. So like I said, overall a good day...

4 comments:

Naomi said...

ok this is comment number two.. see i'm not failing my mission :) Anyways... thanks for saying all that nice stuff... you are a good friend. I just want you to know that it means a lot to me that you would share your blog with me.. so here's my thank you ;).... oh and I wouldn't have been able to do this if you hadn't written step by step instructions on how to comment... I would have totally missed that :) love ya.

Sara said...

You did have to pick one of the more flattering pictures of all of us, didn't you? :) I'm glad we can help, even from far away. Most of the time it's not a huge deal to live so far apart, just a little sad. But sometimes it's awful and I feel helpless instead of helpful! This evening was a long one, but we're good. I think I'll go to bed soon...

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i love those flowers with the purple in the middle. and i loved reading about your friends that i've heard about, but have never had the opportunity to meet. the friends we have in life shape us, and if we are fortunate enough to have such a friendship, we are truly blessed. love you:)

nikko said...

We all need good friends. I'm so happy that you have some that you can trust so well.

You are making some good progress on your yard!