Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Cheese Slicer to the Eyeball
Yep, that is what I am going to have done tomorrow. They are going to take a little laser thingy and make what they so delicately call an eye flap. Then they are going to burn off some of my tissue and replace the eye flap and hope that I can see afterwards! That is what they call Lasik people.... Yes I am crazy, and yes it will probably be one of the best things I ever do! At least I hope so, right now I am just freaking out a little bit. A lot bit. The saddest thing is that I am paying money to have this eye flap put in. A lot of money. A lot of risk. They pretty much hammered into my head all of the risks, then made me take a true or false quiz on all the possible complications, and then explained it all again! I did not want to be an informed patient! No thank you, take your cheese slicer and do it all, but never let me know about it. Seriously, I think I am crazy. But I will try to keep you posted on how it all goes. I can type by touch and not by sight, so even if I can't see afterwards (that is one of the risks) I should still be able to muster something out on my blog. I am just that dedicated.... (note the sarcasm)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes! You won't find me doing that anytime soon!
Good luck. :o)
can you see yet?
Post a Comment