Monday, June 16, 2008

Pizza fun

Since I have gotten my own, and extremely large kitchen I have discovered a love for cooking.
I have also been on a quest to find the perfect pizza dough recipe. It started after I tried some random basic pizza recipe off the internet and it tasted like cardboard. I wanted one of those crusts that you would want to finish all of it, not leave the remainder on your plate. So I started calling the great pizza makers in my family. I have tried out lots of recipes, used a pizza pan, a pizza stone, let it rise forever, knead it forever, refrigerated it, spun it above my head and chanted some strange pizza prayers, and lots of other things. My roommates have enjoyed my quest as they have gotten to eat all of the pizza that just wasn't quite right. Well, snack time is over because I think I finally found it. It came from my brother Michael who apparently has greatness hidden beneath his humble exterior. All it took were a few tweaks to the recipes I was already making, and Vwala! A fabulously tasty creation. Some may ask for the recipe, but as with all great recipes it is done by sight and by feel. There are no exact measurements, just a little of this and a little of that. But man is it better than any basic pizza dough recipe I could find. I will tell two of the secrets to the recipe. It has eggs and sugar. Not something called for by most recipes. So thank you Michael, for helping to bring greatness to my kitchen, and yumminess to my tummy.


Also, I am still working on my posting for my trip to the Olympic Peninsula. But it was amazingly fun and refreshing and I got some picture goodies while I was there so hold your breath for the next posting!

7 comments:

nikko said...

Eggs, huh? Interesting. I'll have to try eggs in my next pizza crust. I had no idea Michael was the pizza guru. ;o)

Unknown said...

yum yum!
I changed my blog location to:
juliedphotography.blogspot.com

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I am interested to hear that pizza prayer...I love the visuals you present in your writing, but this pizza looks heavenly! I love when its a tad overcooked and the cheese gets a little dark and burnt...oh man...who doesn't love pizza?????

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

oh, and there's lots of greatness hidden beneath that humble exterior...:) I've never even tried to make it b/c he always does...

Anonymous said...

I feel honored to be part of your blog. I had no idea I had such a great secret! that pizza looks even better than the stuff I make, did you tweek it a bit?

steve said...

Hmm......if you ever need another opinion or review of that pizza, let me know. :)

Nice new layout/theme. It is good.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, fun new blog layout!