Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beach Day #1

Like I said before, we had a family reunion that I am just now getting around to posting about. I have been sorting through my pictures and editing them as needed so it takes a while. But I will post my favorite pictures as I finish editing them. We had a reunion of almost all of my siblings and their families. My brother in the navy wasn't able to come, but the rest of us were there. We rented a couple of condo's on the beach and spent 5 days there playing in the sand and hanging out. It was pretty fun to get together, we try to get everyone together every 2 years, which is difficult because we live all over. I have 6 siblings: 4 brothers and 2 sisters. I am the sixth, with one younger sister. My three oldest brothers are married, and have 4, 3, and 2 kids each. The kids ages range from 8 months, to 8 years old.

The first day was started out with a craft project. My mom is quite crafty and she had buckets for all of the kids and stuff to decorate them with . So before we headed to the beach all of the kids sat around and made their own buckets for building sand castles and stuff.


This is one of my nephews who is 2 years old and so photogenic and cute there will be more pictures of him. Little P was sure adoring this granola bar before eating it!

The only 2 nieces in the bunch.

Love this picture of my niece. The look on her face is great.



My oldest nephew, big M.

Big M and his dad. Getting ready to get in the freezing cold water. It was northern California Beaches so the weather was windy and overcast a lot of the time, and the water was cold. It was the type you just slowly got numb and then could play in it. Just to give you an idea of why we didn't all just jump right in!

This kid can jump high over the waves. My second oldest nephew T.

I just like the way the kids are framed in this picture. I doubt other people will like it as much, but the way my brother frames the kids with himself and his shovel, and how intently they are looking at his work made me like this picture.

My brothers built this big fort for the kids to play in. It got pretty deep. It reminded me of when they tried to build this whole underground fort in our backyard with different rooms and stuff. It wasn't as easy to dig in as sand, and we were at sea level so you hit water pretty fast. So they only made it about so you could sit in it, and it took them months. This fort took a few hours and was much cooler. Nice to be a grown-up sometimes (and have an engineering degree for one of my brothers!).

My SIL Kristen had the idea to take some silhouette pictures on the beach. I am glad she did because I really like how some of the pictures came out. Here is my oldest brother with my youngest nephew, baby M. The baseball hat looks really cool, but there is nothing like a dad and his baby!

My SIL Kristen and her daughter AJ.


3 comments:

Sara said...

love Love LOVE the sillouettes! (not sure if I spelled that right)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i like the shovel picture too and those silhouette's are ROCKIN!

Anonymous said...

I decided to comment on your blog this time, rather than being a silent browser. :) Your photography is AMAZING! I love your sillouettes and the sunset photos. Your garden is super cool, too, by the way!

~Catherine