Friday, August 8, 2008

Beautiful Sunset

First, I got a complaint that this picture was not included in the mixture, SOOOO.... here it is! My friend Jerkolas. If you are wondering what is so important about this picture, notice the white stuff stuck in his beard. Anyone, Anyone? Marshmallow. We had s'mores. The hazards of facial hair. That's why I choose to keep mine nice and trimmed....=)


There is a post coming that is going to put all of my favorite pictures of sunsets from the beach at my family reunion. But here at home we had a very pretty sunset from the beach last Tuesday. A group of people from my church gathered to have a bonfire on the beach, and I couldn't resist sneaking off to try and get some pictures of the beautiful sunset. The lighting was beautiful. I have been noticing and almost craving what is called 'Photographers light," which happens right before sunset, and right after sunrise. It is when the light gets this golden quality to it and makes really good pictures. Whenever I see it I get this irresistible urge to go out and take pictures of anything! So I brought my camera and was rewarded with this beautiful red light! I am so addicted to taking pictures.







This is just a fun silhouette of my roommates. I love how the water bottle shows up, and looks like it is on her head. Too funny.

After the sun had set. Everything was super red and amazing. Hard to capture, but I think I did okay. Even the water was red.

8 comments:

Jerkolas said...

If I remember right there were a few other choice pictures from that night that didn't seem to make the cut. What happened?

steve said...

Wow, Karen. Great job on those pictures. That is really impressive. Are you good with manual SLR or only digital?

Unknown said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the sun in them, the first one, and the one with the sailboat especially. I want! :)

steve said...

PS - I expect some good blog comments in return :)

Karen said...

Okay, I am bad about responding to comments, but I do love getting them! Steve, I shot in manual mode on my digital SLR. So I picked all of my settings for these pictures. Starting to play around with that a bit more, and it is tricky but rewarding. Jerkolas, I hope you enjoy the picture I posted! Julied, just wait until my camping trip and let the drool start flowing!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

awesome sunsets! that sticy marshmellow in the beard makes me cringe....i can't wait to hear about your camping trip

Jerkolas said...

Now we're talking. Though upon closer inspection most of the marshmallow seems to be on my face and not in my beard, but lets just blame it on the beard anyway and not my slobbish easting habits.

Jerkolas said...

Or my eating habits. Not too sure what an easting habit might be.