Lately I have been able to do anything to avoid studying. Hence the recent blog posts. So here I am again, without a real purpose for blogging, but wanting to do something other than studying. So this is going to be really random. I think my favorite thing to do when I am avoiding studying is to edit pictures. However I seem to spend a lot of time talking to friends online and on the phone. And lately I have been blogging.
This last week and a half has been wholly unproductive for studying. So crunch time is going to hit soon and I will be going crazy regretting my procrastination. But alas, does that affect me now, nope. So again, here I am, listening to Simon and Garfunkle, Pure Funk Music, and other random things I haven't listened to in a while. I think I am pretending I am not in school and have all of the free time in the world.
I have gotten some really good advice from a friend recently. She made the point that I know that I am going to do fine in school. I know I am going to finish my assignments no matter what it takes, and I will probably do well. It will all get done. So why don't I stop stressing right now about it, and start celebrating the fact that I am going to do a good job? Just be happy in the moment for what the moment is. I have been thinking about that a lot.
Time to change my music, now I am listening to African music. I really miss Africa. Seriously. Wish I could be there. We had a fireside with guest speakers that had done humanitarian service abroad. There were 2 speakers that had been to Africa. They showed pictures and made me drool. I don't know why I have such a yearning to go back. But it is one of the main driving forces in my life. I think the fact that I am actually able to make a difference in people's lives makes me love it so much. I am able to give pure love and receive it in a way I have never experienced before. African people are so open and pure. I feel like I am most like who I want to be when I am there, and I am also the happiest I have ever been. There are definitely hard times and hard things to see there. It was not all rosy and great. But it stretches me in new ways and fulfills me as well.
So what am I putting off doing at the moment? I don't feel like practicing my muskoloskeletal exam that I have to pass off tomorrow. I also don't feel like doing these obnoxious questions about Menopause. Seriously annoying. And then there is always the 12 page paper lurking in the back of my mind. Due in 2 weeks and have I started it? Nope. Hmmm.... There is the stress I needed to motivate me. I guess it is back to studying. Boring...
2 comments:
Blogging is my favorite pastime :)
you have a yearning to go back because NEXT time, you'll see Africa through your lens:) no really, I know there are other reasons, but that will be cool!
Post a Comment