Friday, January 2, 2009

Art Lesson

So these posts are totally out of order, but oh well. I had a chance to go to the National Art Gallery with my Sister in Law Jen last Saturday. I have been to several art galleries in Europe and I have to say that this one did compare with some of those. Pretty amazing paintings. My favorites were the Renoir and Monet paintings as you will see by the amount of space I devoted to them below. They allowed me to take pictures of the paintings, so I am going to share my favorites here.

First of all, the art gallery was free. I was surprised by who could appreciate the art in it. Like this guy looking at Leonardo Da Vinci. Who would have thought?

Leonardo Da Vinci

I just liked the outfit the lady had on. It makes me appreciate the turn that fashion has taken. Seriously, how would you function wearing something like this?

This was in one painting. Look closely. Yes those are eyeballs.

Cathedral at St. Johns, Pietre Jansz Saenredam

Palazzo Da Mula, Venice, Claude Monet

Hamlet at Payanette, Paul Cezanne

The Japanese Footbridge, Claude Monet

Banks of the Siene, Claude Monet

The Houses of Parliament, Sunset, Claude Monet

Woman with a parasol, Claude Monet

The Dancer, August Renoir

The Olive Orchard by Vincent Van Gogh

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it!
Oh, and the costume of that one lady? They didn't really wear something on that scale in regular life...close, but not quite :) they dress up real nice for pictures

nikko said...

Very cool. I'm a sucker for Monet, too. I have a print in my laundry room of all places.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I'm so glad there are people out there who appreciate art.