I had a dreaded dentist appointment yesterday. Well, lets be honest, all dentist appointments are dreaded. I have developed a huge fear of the dentist, irrational because I have never had a bad experience. I didn't get a cavity until a few years ago, and have had nitrous oxide every time I have had a cavity filled, which is a comical experience for me. But still, I get nervous before I go. I also switch dentists frequently, I think in part because of my fear. I still go to the dentist every 6 months because I know I am more likely to have cavities if I don't go. I have now been with the same dentist for a year and a half, which is good for me. He is nice, and they have the nitrous oxide for me to use when I get a cavity.
So this time, I have to wait for a little while to go back. I hate that and am so paralyzed by fear that I can't read magazines, or do something else... I decide to watch TV while getting the cleaning to take my mind off things. They are this super high tech dentist office with TV's on those movable arms for every chair. I tune out of whole dentist experience as I listened to what was going on in Chili. Sad, by the way. After my cleaning I wait to hear that I need to floss more, etc. She just looks at me, and says: "You are doing a really good job taking care of your teeth, you are an easy patient, I don't see any problems." What?!? When has that ever happened? Usually they tell me to floss more, brush better in a certain spot, don't brush so hard somewhere else, etc. Still, I had x-rays this time, so I am waiting for the cavity pronouncement from my dentist. He tells me everything looks great! Woohoo!!! I am so excited! 6 more months until the next dreaded appointment.
On a side note, and totally uninteresting. I have developed this weird habit at night of moving my lower jaw totally off to the side. I think it is to keep from clenching my teeth? I don't mean to do it, but it has made it so I talk like I have just had dental work done for a couple of hours in the morning. Really weird. But my jaw hurts in the morning, so I need to do something about it.
Oh, and I want to thank Sonicare, maker of my new toothbrush, for the good experience at the dentist.
And costco for supplying my new toothbrush at a descent price. And also to whoever invented those new flossing plastic devices that make flossing easier and less disgusting for me.


1 comment:
What happened to your SoniCare? Still using mine it just doesn't have any battery left so I have to keep it plugged in all the time.
Post a Comment