We spent most of yesterday in our yard getting ready to plant a garden. Hours of digging and sifting out rocks and roots... Plus 6+ bags of potting soil to make workable dirt. This is what we ended up with:
We have a patch that actually holds a lot more than I thought it could. We have strawberries in front, my favorite. Then we planted seeds: lettuce, carrots, and peas. Yummy yummy!!! I can't wait until things start to sprout. This is the hardest I have ever worked to get a garden going. We still have a lot more to clear because we have more we want to plant. This is the pile of rocks we removed:
It is bigger than it looks in the picture, believe me!
I also mailed off my second blanket I made, here is what it looks like:
Lets see.... I also made a pie crust today. That is a scary thing for me because for some reason it has been really intimidating. But it turned out okay, after some stress during the process. Made meat pie, very good.
Other than that, just getting ready to start the crazy last quarter. Not too excited about it because I know I will be so busy. But it will be over on June 7th. Something to look forward to! I also got IRB approval finally on my senior project, so we are ready to start collecting our data. Busy busy....
2 comments:
Maybe someday I'll be inspired to plant a garden, like you. :) Not this year.
And
I just noticed the saying on your header, and I love it. It makes me happy.
Per your comment on my blog--You WILL, just keep practicing! Love you:)
Post a Comment