
Sara had a birthday yesterday so I thought I would post a little bit about her. She is one of my closest friends and one of the people I admire most in the world. We have had a lot of fun together, and been through some rough times as well. Despite graduation, marriage (hers, not mine), 2 children (again hers), and living on other sides of the country we have managed to stay good friends. I admire, respect, and love her a ton. She is one of the most thoughtful people I know. She is extremely in tune with other peoples feelings and does her best to make other people happy. She is one of my favorite people to talk to when I am having a hard time because she is an amazing listener and knows just what to say to help you feel better. She is also able to look past peoples faults and see the good in them. She makes you feel good about yourself when you are around her because of this. She is honestly one of the most giving people I know. She is a mother and wife and devotes her life to her family. She has sacrificed a lot for them, but the love she has for them is very evident. She is an amazing mother, and despite what she may tell you, very patient. She has always been there for me when I have needed her, and the love she has for me has meant more than she could ever know. Her friendship has saved me many times, and despite all of my faults she still loves me! I know that she gives more in our friendship than I do, so I wanted to show my appreciation for her, and also let people know what an amazing person she is.
We have been best friends for I think 6 years now?

She definitely loves animals as much as I do, even little bearded dragons!

She can be quite silly, which I love of course!
She loves chocolate as much as I do, and we definitely enjoy sharing deserts! I love that we have some of the same quirks, like being picky with food. She hates tomatoes too.

She absolutely loves Disneyland, and goes any chance she gets!

We got to take a trip there together which was really fun. Her enthusiasm is contagious, and she was able to show us all around the park.

We also like to take trips to the beach, to a house Naomi's family owns. I remember when we went in February and she was one of the first ones to jump in the water and probably stayed out there for a couple of hours despite the freezing cold. She is quite adventurous.

We graduated together, which was crazy, but fun.

I got to go to her wedding, isn't she gorgeous!

Here she is pregnant with her second, chasing a 1 year old around, and still lets us invade her home for a visit because we missed her so much!
And just for you Sara because you always want it and never get it, a picture of me smiling normally!
I love you Sara and appreciate your friendship and your generosity more than you can imagine. I know you never expected something this cheesy from me, but I am always full of surprises!
4 comments:
Okay, so this isn't about this post (although I do love the cheesiness of birthday posts, as is evident by my post to Kristen). But I like your new profile picture :)
Karen, you didn't have to say so many nice things about me, I didn't give you THAT much money... ;-) Love you! And I normally check your blog more, but I HAVE been sick. Feeling better today though!
you must have back dated these posts, because I've been checking and checking and now there are several. It is so wonderful to have close friends--I couldn't live without my friendships..even having a spouse who is my best friend, I need girlfriends.
AMEN, I agree with all the above :) Good job Karen! See, you have good in you and I love the pictures you chose, they are awesome :)
Post a Comment