Yes I am here enjoying the nice weather in California, getting ready to spend my week at the beach starting tomorrow. So far my trip has been pretty good. It started with a crazy bus driver on my way to the airport who called the airport the international zone of Satan. He was highly entertaining and I knew it was the perfect start to my trip! The airport and the flight were amazingly uneventful, which was great. I had my perfect flying conditions. I got the window seat, and had no on in the middle seat and a nice lady who read a book the whole time in the next seat. I got to read my scriptures the whole flight, which was nice because I set a goal to read the Book of Mormon before a certain date and I am planning to play catch-up on this trip. So far that has been an amazing experience to go through the scriptures in depth at an accelerated rate. It really has become the highlight of my day and a real source of joy in my life. Looking forward to a week with no working and lots of leisure time so I can spend more time studying. I know that sounds cheesy, but it really is true.
I got to go swimming yesterday for one of the first times since I had LASIK done. I also managed to get some goggles beforehand, and it was the first time in years I have been able to see while I was swimming! It was so cool. I am really loving the LASIK now. Hate the fact that I have to put in eye drops every couple of hours, but love the vision and relative freedom. But swimming yesterday made me decide I want to go snorkling. It has now been added to my list of things I want to do in my life.
Today we got to drive to San Francisco and found some great places to take pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was actually my first time ever going across it, and it was pretty fun. Just us girls went, no kids, so it was really a good time to chat and relax. It was more foggy than I had hoped for, of course, but I think I still got some great shots I will post once I get back to my computer. It is fun to have 2 other photographers in the family because they get just as excited about this stuff as I do!
Other than that I have just been hanging out with the family. So far I have established my place as favorite Aunt with 2 of the kids, still working on the rest. Going to be a great trip I think! Lots and lots of pictures. I have my 2 new lenses and have been having a lot of fun with them! Some day I will catch up with my picture posting. But not today...
1 comment:
i love having photographers in the family, too!
Post a Comment